SISU Inc., (www.sisu.com) an NBTY Inc. company, manufactures leading edge vitamins and health supplements that are recognized for their quality and efficacy. It is our mission to be the leader in providing high quality alternative health products and services that substantially improve wellness in Canada.
At SISU, we are always looking for energetic and qualified individuals to join our fast growing team and help continue our dedication in manufacturing superior products. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Quality Assurance Specialist. This position is responsible for ensuring SISU and its products meet GMP and quality standards. This full-time position is located in our Burnaby head office. This position offers commensurate compensation, an attractive benefits package and the chance to be part of a growing company in the wellness industry.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate requires the following:
- 2-4 years’ experience in quality assurance of food and/or natural health products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well organized, time-efficient and detail-oriented.
- Excellent and accurate verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to motivate for optimal performance and build relationships with others
- Ability to be diplomatic, maintain high integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications
The primary duties of the position include:
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the review of Standard Operating Procedures, raw material and finished product specifications,
- Acquire and maintain all product-related documentation, audit reports or site licenses from contract manufacturers, vendors and laboratories
- Review product labels to ensure compliance to specifications, and NHPD regulations.
- Provide technical support to other departments including R&D, Marketing and Consumer Affairs
- Compile Quality Assurance reports and manage annual Site License renewal
- Conduct GMP audits internally and externally, conduct general GMP training programs, and manage any audits by NHPD, or other external organizations.
- Manage product recall and process product returns
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Harbinder Jassal, Manager, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by fax at 604.420.4892 or fill out the contact form below.